As the release of Fire Emblem Echoes approaches, more and more details about the upcoming title are slowly making their way to public platforms. In the latest Echoes reports, fans are able to learn more about supposed battle systems, characters, and system features.
Fire Emblem is a beloved Nintendo franchise. With a pretty under-the-radar entry into the west, the game quickly picked up speed over its three most recent releases. According to a recently released issue of Weekly Famitsu, new information about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia have been disclosed.
Fire Emblem Heroes Features & Specs
Below is the information provided by Weekly Famitsu (via Gematsu).
- Difficulty Settings – When you start the game, you can select between “Normal” and “Hard” difficulty settings. There are also two types of battle rules, including “Classic” where allies who’ve been defeated can’t be revived, and “Casual,” where they can be revived once the map is cleared.
- Mila’s Gear – If you use it during battle, you can rewind the movements of your units one at a time. There is a limit to the number of times you can use it, though, so don’t abuse it.
- Terrain Effects – There is no weapon affinity in this game, but terrain effects are important. In forests, for example, the enemy’s hit rate drops 40 percent.
- Magic – Magic disregards terrain effects, but it’s not good to use excessively since you lose HP when you attack with magic.
- Berkut (voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki) – The Rigel Emperor’s nephew and a noble who stresses the importance of his social status. He provokes Desaix’s betrayal and leads the Zophia Kingdom coup d’etat.
- Effie (voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki) – Alm’s childhood friend. She joins the liberation army with the intent of staying close to Alm. Her starting class is Villager.
- Silque (not a new character, voiced by Yuka Inokuchi) – She is saved by Alm after being captured by thieves, and entrusts him with “Mila’s Gear.” Her starting class is Cleric.
Fire Emblem Heroes News & Updates
Echoes is the follow up to the previous releases of Fire Emblem Fates. The game isn’t technically an original release. Heavy notes that the title is a remake of the second installment, Fire Emblem Gaiden, which was exclusively released in Japan.
Lastly, Heroes will be released in Japan on April 20. The global release follows about a month later on May 19, 2017, for Nintendo 3DS. You can pre-order it on Amazon today.