Lenovo has started to release announcements about its newest laptop models, under the Lenovo Thinkpad, even before the CES convention next year.
Various Lenovo Laptop Specs
Lenovo has revealed that the new ThinkPad models on the T-series, L-series and X-series will get upgraded with better screens, faster DDR4 memory and more storage capacity. Optional LTE connectivity and optional infrared cameras for Windows Hello will be included in the new Lenovo Thinkpad laptops. They will have a 2-in-1 Intel Kaby Lake chips and precision touchpads.
The USB-C docks will also be included in the new ThinkPad models. These docks are designed for the modern day office workers like the ThinkPad laptops. Lenovo will release two types of docks and they both come with separate power supplies to power a laptop.
One USB-C dock by Lenovo is the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock. The specs are as follows:
- two DisplayPort ports, HDMI, VGA, five USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, a headphone jack, and a Thunderbolt 3 port over USB-C and supports up to three displays
While the ThinkPad USB-C Dock has the following specs:
- two DisplayPort outputs, along with VGA, three USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, one USB Type-C port, Gigabit Ethernet, and a headphone jack and supports up to two displays
They will be having expect thinner and lighter laptops with longer battery life.
Lenovo also introduced the ThinkPad Yoga 370 2-in-1, meaning that the device turns into a tablet once the screen is rotated 360 degrees. This is the first of its kind with a 13.3-inch HD screen and a Thunderbolt 3 port. In addition to this, it has two USB 3.0 ports, a MicroSD slot and and HDMI port. This weighs 1.37 kilograms. This has a 1TB of SSD storage with a 16GB of DDR4 RAM.
A cheaper option is the ThinkPad 13 which also has a a 13.3-inch HD screen and NVMe SSD storage.
The ThinkPad X270 is an upgrade on the X200 Lenovo Thinkpad series. This laptop has a 12.5-inch screen, and the same look and feel as its X260 predecessor, which has Skylake. The laptop has 16GB of DDR4 memory and 1TB of SSD or 2GB of hard-drive storage. It also has USB-C, HDMI, two USB 3.0, SD card and a SIM slot.
The ThinkPad T470 has variants of a non-HD and HD screen. The ThinkPad T470p and T470s are available with screen resolutions up to 2560 x 1440 pixels. These three laptops have a wide range of storage and memory options, but only the first one has a Thunderbolt 3 port. The T470p can be configured with Nvidia’s N16S-GTR discrete graphics card.
Lenovo’s ThinkPad T570 can be configured with a 4K 15.6-inch touch display, Intel’s superfast Optane memory, Nvidia’s GeForce 940MX discrete graphics and up to 32GB of DRAM. It weighs 2.04 kilograms, and can also be configured with a Snapdragon LTE modem. It also includes an HDMI slot, three USB 3.0 ports and one Thunderbolt 3 connector.
Price and Availability
The following are the prices and availability of the newest ThinkPad laptops:
- ThinkPad Yoga 370 (starts at $1,264 and will be available in March)
- ThinkPad 13 (starts at $674 and will be available this month)
- Thinkpad X270 (starts at at $909 on a 1366 x 768 pixel non-touch screen and will be available in March)
- ThinkPad T470 (starts at $914 and will be available in February)
- ThinkPad T470p (starts at $1,049 and will be available in March)
- Thinkpad T470s (starts at $1,099 and will be available in February)
- ThinkPad T570 (starts at $909 and will be available in March)
The following are the prices for the USB-C Docks:
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock costs $279.99
- ThinkPad USB-C Dock costs $199.99
Lenovo is expected to reveal more laptops and 2-in-1s at the CES 2017.