- Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
- Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
- Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
- Gladion is literally Owain from Fire Emblem now.
- Moveset editing has begun, Butterfree is a notable change.
- Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
- Battling all of the Battle Tree exclusive trainers OUTSIDE of the Battle Tree during the post game is now possible.
User Kobazco also provides the following steps in the hacking process with GARC Files and Current:
- First off, get a dumped copy of Sun and Moon.
- Download Extract Repack, Patch.zip and the GARC Files from this Google Drive.
- Extract dump’s files.
- Download Lunar IPS Patcher.
- There should be a folder in Extract Repack tilted exefsdir, inside of it a .code.bin. If there is no exefsdir folder, extract the Sun and Moon dump!
- Run Lunar IPS. Select apply patch to file. Select the code.ips patch, and then select any file and select your .code.bin.
- Once done patching, rename .code.bin to (last 8 digits of title ID).code. Make sure it becomes a .code file. The title ID should be the folder the game was dumped in.
- Move 00175e00.code (Different name for Sun) to SD:\Hans.
- Create a folder on your SD card like so: SD:\\SaltySD\sunmoon\ and place the “a” and “Data” folder from the GARC files there.
- Launch Pokemon Sun/Moon from Hans and select custom code path.
Tackling something like this would be impossible without wild monsters to help you train, so those have been provided for in the hack.
The ROM hack gives you more quality monsters to contend with at a higher level. Kubazco said that many of the enemies come with perfect IVs meaning that they have Pokemon with perfect stats. With these changes, the creator even experienced blacking out a couple of times during the game play.